Sunday, October 23, 2011

TTM Success! Devan Dubnyk! The Humble Pie Edition.....

The problem with blogging is I tend to write what I'm thinking. For me, this is a dangerous result. A lot of people do not understand my rather dry humour. My wit, as my wife calls it.
Last Tuesday I posted a ttm success from Red Wing starting goalie, Jimmy Howard. LINK. In it, I wrote a remark rather off the cuff regarding Oilers backup goalie Devan Dubnyk.  Fine. It's out there. Nothing I can do about it.
But this is where stuff like this comes back to bite me in the ass.

The next day. The very next day, I take the walk down to the mailbox. Upon opening the door I peer inside. And I see it. And without the benefit of x-ray vision, I instantly know what is inside.

Yep. You got it....
 Devan returned my request after 223 days. Two 8x10's and two cards, all signed in black sharpie.
 Okay Devan... you got me. I know when I'm beat.
 and you're now one of my favourite Oilers of all time.
I hope we can still be friends.

2 comments:

  1. I think he was coming around until he read the "Oilers still suck" tag. Ha!

    ReplyDelete