Monday, February 25, 2013

Digging for two...

Finally getting around to posting some cards I acquired quite awhile ago. I think these are from the early January card show. I think.
 
What I do remember though, is that these are from a $2 box. Not exactly as sexy as a quarter or dime box.... but you deal with what you can get.
 
I picked up a couple of different Carey Price rookie cards from 2007-08. The first is from one of the ugliest OPC sets of all time. As if the base cards weren't bad enough, they made the rookie cards even worse.
 Love the early shot of the mask he used in Hamilton.

The other rookie comes from Upper Deck Victory. This one is new to me... I hadn't owned a copy until this one.

My next $2 find was from the brand new 2012-13 Artifacts. A P.K. Subban parallel numbered /85.
 I think they call it sapphire, but I really have no idea....

Not a great card, but it looks good in my Subban binder.

The last card for show and tell this week is an autograph of legendary broadcaster Dick Irvin Jr.
For those of you not in the know, think the hockey version of Vin Scully, only more knowledgeable. His father won multiple Stanley Cups as Head Coach for Montreal as well as a stint with Toronto. So young Jr was in the dressing rooms since he was 5, watching players like Maurice Richard, Toe Blake, etc...

Since I grew up listening to his voice every Saturday night from the time I was born.... I figured adding his auto to my collection was a no brainer.

3 comments:

  1. Great voices of the game and unlike the 07-08 OPC, the 07-08 Victory might have been the nicest victory rookies of the past 5 years or so.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dick Irvin is THE GUY when it comes to hockey commentary and NHL knowledge.

    The guy is just flat out awesome. I could listen to him all day.

    Very nice pickup.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I miss the days when rookie cards just looked like all of the rest of the cards in the set.

    ReplyDelete