Friday, May 3, 2013

Who are those Masked Men?

There was a trade night at one of the local shops last night. Not a lot of trading due to the lack of new product... as I've said, a lot of collectors around here don't recognize or want cards more than 3 weeks old.
I need to write a book called "The Life, Trials and Tribulations of a Set Collector." Woe is me.

Anyways... despite the lack of trading, I did make a purchase.

The shop had 9 of the 2013 Masked Men inserts from In the Game's Between the Pipes.

I scooped up all 9, plus an autograph, for $20. That's $2 per card for you English majors.

Let's gawk at the shiny goodness.

Gary 'The Cobra" Simmons. LOVE IT!
Dan Bouchard. I wish ITG could find a pic of Bouchard's teammate Yves Belanger. Another awesome mask. A huge replica hangs on the side of the Saddledome here in Big C.
Gerry Cheevers. His mask necessitates inclusion in every mask set, every year. Or so it seems.
Marc-Andre Fleury. Again we see the ITG card on the side of his mask.
Domink Hasek. The Dominator... this time with Ottawa.
Jimmy Howard. Nice Mustang Jimmy.
Manny Legace. Wait. Manny Legace???
Gilles Meloche. One of my all time faves.
and Semyon Varlamov. I wonder if he misses Washington?
the final card to round out the purchase was this auto of Oilers goalie, Eddie Mio.
Eddie came over to the Oil in the Gretzky swap. He was also Wayne's BFF and best man at his wedding.


Thanks for looking... I now have 12 of the 50 Masked Men 5 insert set. If you have any to help me out, let me know. I'm always looking to swap.

1 comment:

  1. I always liked the Meloche mask as well, even his Barons mask was kind of cool...

    ReplyDelete