Monday, January 24, 2011

TTM Success. Gary Bones Bromley.

As I eluded to in my last post, I would get to why Gary Bromley attracted the nickname 'Bones". And no, it was not because of this iconic mask he wore while with the Vancouver Canucks.
 Gary was a slight of a man. He was only 5'8", and only 160 lbs. I was that in the sixth grade. Anyways... teammates ragged on him about being a rack of bones, etc... and the nickname Bones, stuck.

As you can see, Mr Bromley was kind enough to return my ttm request. He signed an 8x10 photo and three cards in black and blue sharpies.

His 1974/75 OPC rookie....
 From his time playing for the Calgary Cowboys courtesy In The Game...
 and as I remember him, with Vancouver on his '79/80 OPC card. Unfortunately, no card of him exists wearing his Bones mask unless ITG has issued one and I missed it, but that's unlikely.
Thanks Gary!!!!

3 comments:

  1. LOVE LOVE LOVE the skull mask!!!

    Great stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Best Canucks mask of all time? I think so!

    Nice!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The autograph is cool... but the mask is cooler!

    ReplyDelete