Wednesday, January 26, 2011

a 2 pack break review...

I stopped by the the card store on my way home the other day, and picked up two packs of the new 2010-11 In The Game Heroes and Prospects. I'll pick up a box of this later on, but I just wanted to see what they were like, and maybe luck would shine with a hit. HA! Anyways....
If you want a more in depth review of, say, two boxes, go here for part one, two, and three. These were free boxes. How come I don't get free boxes anymore? Is it something I said? Could I have offended anyone? Never mind, don't answer that....

On to the cards... the first card I see upon opening the first pack...
 Glorious. The modern day Guy Lapointe, or so I pray at night....

The base cards are alright. Kind of busy, but the use of team colours is nice. I really like the fact of using actual live action backgrounds this year rather than the static ones like last season...
Rick is from the 'Heroes' section...
 One of the Oilers many, many young stars... Mr Spin O' Rama himself.
 Here we have the best American player from the last two World Junior Championships. If you can believe it, Jack will be back for his third try this December....
 another young keeper, Jack Bauer Philipp Grubauer.
 another hero, you may have heard of him.... dig his friend in the back....
 The backs
 both the hero version as well as the prospect version all have the pertinent information. Instead of repeating the same photo on the back, you get a team logo. Nice.
I also pulled cards of
Jaime Arniel
Michael Chaput
Ryan Murray
Michael St. Croix
Shane McColgan
Joey Leach
Brad Ross
Kirill Kabanov
Gabriel Landeskog
Brett Sonne

2 packs for $10. 8 cards per pack. No inserts, no parallels, no hits. So like I said, if you want to see more, check out those reviews I linked at the beginning of this post.
All in all, after seeing these two packs,  I would buy more, and I will.

3 comments:

  1. Hey, I would love to get my hands on that card but I don't know what card to send it way? Would that signed hoggarth card be worth anything to u?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am really digging this year's product from ITG. I think this is going to be my next box for sure...

    ReplyDelete