Friday, May 11, 2012

Double sided, double fun.

It's been awhile since I picked up a card for any of my 'long term' player collections. Somehow this card fell into my lap at tradenight in April. I had been packing around a few basecards from Parkhurst Champions to give to a buddy of mine to finish off his set. It had been awhile since I'd seen him, and he was very thankful that I remembered. He insisted on giving me something back. But really? How many tradeboxes have anything to trade for a few basecards? But I took a look anyways. In his box, at the back, I found this....
You may be saying.... yeah, and who cares? It's Jamie "Noodles" Mclennan. Big whoop. And I'd agree with you. But! turn it over and you get this....
Glorious! I've been after this card forever. There's always a couple on ebay, but those shippers want between $14 and $44 to ship it to me. They are what I like to call V-neck t-shirt wearing douche bags.

But now it's mine! MINE!

It always feels good to cross another card off of a long forgotten list.

These cards are actually pretty cool. I like a lot of what Pacific did with regards to stuff like this. But then again, they tended to, shall we say, overdo it in other areas.

I wonder why Lyle never made it into ITG's Captain C product????

1 comment:

  1. Congrats on the pickup. Didn't realize it was this big a whale.

    Noodles........I liked him too.

    ReplyDelete