Monday, September 17, 2012

O-Pee-Chee loves me....

 
You of course all remember my 2012-13 OPC Hockey box break review in which I pulled not one, but two patches that are seeded roughly one in 3 boxes.
 
Well, I just happened to be by a card shop the other day, and I decided to buy, among other things, four more packs of this year's OPC as I'm still working on the base and retro sets.
 
I picked up a couple of legends and a rookie, so 3 SP's in four packs wasn't too bad........... and then in pack three I found this.
 
 whoa.
This surprise, unannounced insert set consists of 36 cards and are found at a rate of 1:960 packs.
Or, 1 in 30 boxes, which is 2 1/2 cases.
The chances of pulling a Brett Hull is 1:34560 packs.

That's a lot of packs.

The cards are 2/3 the size of regular cards, and the auto is a facsimile.

My apologies for the crappy scan. Due to the white borders it won't scan, and I can't crop out the dark background I used due to the deckel edge.


EDIT: Just for Casey, the checklist....

1Alexander Ovechkin
2Alexandre Burrows
3Antti Niemi
4Bobby Orr
5Brett Hull
6Carey Price
7Claude Giroux
8Curtis Joseph
9Daniel Alfredsson
10Drew Doughty
11Eric Lindros
12Erik Karlsson
13Henrik Lundqvist
14Ilya Kovalchuk
15Jaromir Jagr
16Jason Spezza
17Joe Sakic
18John Tavares
19Jonathan Toews
20Jordan Eberle
21Mario Lemieux
22Martin Brodeur
23MilanLucic
24Nicklas Lidstrom
25Ondrej Pavelec
26P.K. Subban
27Patrick Roy
28Patrick Sharp
29Pavel Datsyuk
30Pelle Lindbergh
31Roberto Luongo
32Ryan Nugent-Hopkins
33Sidney Crosby
34Teemu Selanne
35Wayne Gretzky
36Wendel Clark

8 comments:

  1. Yes, I would say that OPC loves you too.

    Very nice pull!

    ReplyDelete
  2. With luck like this, you should buy a lottery ticket soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! That is a gem.....with those odds, I am surprised they didn't get actual autos, but then again....wow..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wait a minute...the insert set is a standard, un-numbered insert set that while cool, has odds equal to a 1/1 auto/patch/rookie/blood sample card in most releases, and it's a FACSIMILE AUTO!!!??? What is going on here? I thought O-Pee-Chee was the "master collector" set? No way anyone would be able to complete that insert set without some major coinage. Plus, the autos aren't even real. Despite how cool that card looks, the existence of this sort of outrages me in a passive resistance kind of way.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome pull... congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really like that card. I'm too lazy to look it up, so I'll ask you: do you know the checklist?

    ReplyDelete